Detectives have issued an warning to teenagers and parents urging them to stay away from the drug, the Manchester Evening News reported. A Lancashire Police spokesperson said: "He was taken to Royal Preston Hospital but was sadly pronounced dead shortly afterwards. His family have been informed. Whilst they may be seen as safe and enjoyable, they can prove fatal. By Paul Britton.
Teen drug overdose death rate climbed 19% in one year
Boy, 17, dead and four in hospital after taking MDMA
Anna Victoria Wood 27 May — 24 October was an Australian teenager who died after consuming an ecstasy tablet at a rave party in inner Sydney. Wood's death was covered widely in the media, produced debate on drug use among adolescents and inspired the bestselling memoir Anna's Story by Bronwyn Donaghy. Wood had recently left The Forest High School after completing Year 10 to pursue a career in beauty therapy at a salon near her home in Sydney's North Shore. She had told her parents that she was going to a friend's house to have a sleepover. Her friends drove her back to one of their homes in Belrose where she was put to bed.
Ecstasy death: Teenage boy dies after taking MDMA at Preston house party
A year-old man who brought a year-old to a Massachusetts hospital shortly before she died has been charged with giving the girl drugs, prosecutors said. Carlos Rivera faces two counts of distribution of a Class B drug to a minor, two counts of indecent assault on a child younger than 14 and one count of indecent assault on a child older than 14, the Essex District Attorney's Office said in a Saturday news release. The year-old Amesbury girl, who was in the eighth grade, and another teenager, who prosecutors say is younger than 16, spent the evening of May 19 and most of the next day at Rivera's apartment in Lawrence. Accompanied by the other girl, Rivera brought the year-old to Lawrence General Hospital on Monday around p. It is not clear what drugs Rivera is accused of giving the teenagers, but Class B drugs include cocaine, LSD, ecstasy, methamphetamine and some powerful painkillers.
Robert Fraser, 18, died from fentanyl - but police have called off a probe into his supplier after being unable to access his tablet phone. A grieving mum has paid tribute to her teenage son, saying he may have died after simply handling a "one touch death drug ". A toxicology report revealed Robert Fraser, 18, died from a fatal dose of fentanyl, a prescribed drug up to times more potent than heroin.